The Facts About Mold
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants and have the potential to cause other health effects.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45%.
Mold Removal vs Remediation
Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy and we’re here to help you understand the difference.
A qualified restoration company understands the science behind mold and mold growth. Our professionals here at Expert Restoration have the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or building. Mold remediation focuses on getting mold levels back to normal, natural levels.
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same.
Our Mold Remediation Process
- Step 1: Emergency Contact 801-642-4347
- Step 2: Inspection & Mold Damage Assessment
- Step 3: Mold Containment
- Step 4: Air Filtration & Cleansing
- Step 5: Removing Mold & Mold-Infested Materials
- Step 6: Cleaning Contents & Belongings
- Step 7: Restoration
Signs of Mold? Call Today 801-642-4347